Is it just me, or did September go really quick? I can’t quite remember what I did for the entirety of September except read, go to training at Lush, and visit my boyfriend. And that’s it. What else even happened?
However, I am officially halfway through writing my novel which is amaaazing. I’m hoping to have the first draft done by Christmas and it’ll be the first novel I have ever completed, despite writing the beginnings of dozens of novels for years. Fingers crossed!
I’m also at 239 followers overall (WordPress and Bloglovin combined) which I am so happy about so thank you everyone who has followed this little blog of mine, it means a lot!
- Review: The Fireman by Joe Hill
- YA Series I Haven’t Finished (And Probably Never Will)
- The Sunday Post #13
- Review: Soundless by Richelle Mead
- Entertainer Blogger Award
- Review: The Stars Never Rise by Rachel Vincent
- The Willoughby Book Club Unboxing #2
- The Sunday Post #14
- Top Ten Tuesday: Ten ALL TIME Favourite Books of the Sci-Fi Genre
- Why Diversity Is A Good Thing
- Stacking the Shelves | YA Fantasy
- Review: The City of Mirrors (Passage #3) by Justin Cronin
- The Sunday Post #15
- Waiting On Wednesday: Gemina (The Illuminae Files #2) by Amy Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
- Diversity Spotlight Thursday #1
- The Sunday Post #16
- ARC Review: Goldenhand (Old Kingdom #5) by Garth Nix
- Review: Radio Silence by Alice Oseman
- Film Review: The Girl With All the Gifts
I’m currently reading Nevernight by Jay Kristoff and I’m about two thirds of the way through. I am really really enjoying it. However, at the moment I’m thinking of a 4.5/5 rating rather than the full 5/5. Why? I hate to say it, but the protagonist of Mia annoys me a little. I don’t know what it is, but I just can’t connect to her as much as I’d like to; she kinda gets on my nerves and I prefer some of the side characters to her. Anyone else found this or am I in the minority? From what I’ve seen, I’m thinking it’s just me with this problem.
I still have the likes of these YA Fantasy bad boys to read which you can see above, so I’m excited to get my teeth into them.
However, I’m considering taking part in a Halloween Read-a-thon towards the end of October so I may be bypassing the Fantasy and reading some Horror instead. I’ve read a lot of Fantasy recently so a change would be good I think, as well as maybe some Historical fiction I’ve had sitting in my TBR for a while.
How was your September? Have you read any of the books above? Let me know in the comments below!