A big thank you to Demetra @ bookstraveller for nominating me for this, it’s my first award since I started blogging in March so I’m pretty excited! If you don’t already follow her blog, go check it out!
1. What Hogwarts house are you in?
I’ve admitted before on this blog that I only ever got as far as Chamber of Secrets so I’m not very knowledgeable when it comes to the Hogwarts houses! However, I’ve seen all the films, and I’ve always felt a strange attraction to Slytherin. I’m not quite sure what that says about me…
2. What Ilvermorny house are you in?
I had to google this and I had no clue it was another Harry Potter thing! Sorry, Demetra! I found the houses though and I like the sound of Thunderbird the best as it ‘favours adventurers’ and I’d like to think I’d be an adventurer if I had magical powers and all that.
3. Have you read Harry Potter and The Cursed Child already or planning to?
Seeing as I never made it past Chamber of Secrets, I don’t think I’ll ever read The Cursed Child, although it does sound interesting!
4. Is there a book you own more than one copy of?
I own two copies of Dickens’ A Tale of Two Cities. I read it for fun and loved it, then had to read it again at university, but I needed a particular edition of the book because this one had an introduction. Other than that, I don’t think so, but I’ve almost finished my ARC of Goldenhand by Garth Nix and seeing as it’s my favourite series I want a finished copy too, in case there are any changes! So I’ll probably have two copies of Goldenhand soon.
5. What kind of book or movie related merchandise do you own?
I picked up a bunch of bookish freebies from YALC so I have loads of excerpts and postcards and badges! I have some movie-tie-in editions of books, like my copy of Never Let Me Go and I also collect those 1 litre special edition movie cups from Vue cinemas (this won’t make any sense unless you’re British) because I’m a sad person. They’re giant cups with a movie poster printed on and they have little figurines on top and I feel like such a child asking for a Katniss or Bucky Barnes figurine. (Although I desperately wanted a Bucky Barnes one). I even have a dinosaur one from when I went to see the new Jurassic Park. I used to love dinosaurs as a child, okay. However, I have no shame buying the big special edition cups for Marvel films. Marvel rules all.
6. If you could have personally witnessed anything, what would you want to have seen?
I’ve always had a fascination with the World Wars, but I think it would be much too harrowing to go back and witness any of that. So probably a happier event, like the coronation of Elizabeth I or something. Or, I’d go back to when dinosaurs roamed the planet, as long as someone could guarantee I wouldn’t be eaten.
7. What’s your favourite TV show?
This is really difficult to choose, so I’ll pick a few: The 100, Mr. Robot, The Returned (the original French version, of course), The Bridge (the original Scandi version), Game of Thrones and of course Peaky Blinders. There’s definitely more but my mind has gone blank!
8. What’s your favourite movie?
Once again, how can I choose?! Anything Marvel, especially the Captain America films. And I’ve always loved The Lord of the Rings films, they’re just perfection. I’m not even gonna mention any more because I’ll be sat here forever.
9. If you could be any book character, who would you be and why?
I think Sabriel from the Old Kingdom series, although I don’t know if I’d be very good at fighting the Dead, I’d probably pass out from fear. But then again, if I was Sabriel, I’d pretty much be fearless.
10. What do you look at first: the book cover or the blurb?
Book cover, definitely. I try not to judge a book by its cover but you can usually tell if something isn’t your cup of tea just by the cover. Even still, if the title catches my eye or I’ve heard great things, I’ll check out the blurb.
11. Which book should everyone read?
The Old Kingdom series by Garth Nix! Or anything by Virginia Woolf! I’m a broken record on this blog.
- Who are your three favourite protagonists?
- What’s your favourite book cover?
- Is there an antagonist you’ve ever sympathised with? Or even liked more than the protagonist?
- Do you write books as well as read them?
- Do you prefer Sci-Fi or Fantasy? Or do you not like either?
- Do you like books being adapted for film/TV, or do you hate it?
- Do you prefer paperbacks or hardbacks?
- If you could compete in any Olympic sport, which one would you choose?
- If you could be friends with any character (book, film or TV) who would you pick?
- Is there a book or series you think is underappreciated?
- If you could be a superhero, what powers would you have?
- Cate @ Midnight Biblio Blog
- Megan @ Bookslayer Reads
- Laura @ Reading Lust
- Cait @ Bathtime Reads
- Shouni @ Through the Book Portal