So, August! I got a part-time job at Lush to tide me over till Christmas whilst I’m still working out what I want to do with my life after uni, and then my boyfriend came to visit twice and last week we went to a maze shaped like a T-Rex (which satisfied my dinosaur obsession immensely).
Now, onto my August wrap-up.
This Month’s Posts
- Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Books I’d Buy Right This Second If Someone Handed Me a Fully Loaded Gift Card
- The Willoughby Book Club Unboxing
- The Sunday Post #10
- Review: The Little Red Chairs by Edna O’Brien
- The Books With a Purpose Tag
- Waiting On Wednesday: The Burning World (Warm Bodies #3) by Isaac Marion
- Review: Nightfall by Jake Halpern and Peter Kujawinski
- Beauty and the Beast Book Tag
- Stacking the Shelves | Fantasy & WW2 Lit | YA & Adult
- The Sunday Post #11
- ARC Review: Girl Detached by Manuela Salvi
- Pokemon Go Book Tag
- Discussion: Does a Character’s Name Affect Your Opinion?
- The Sunshine Blogger Award
- The Sunday Post #12
- The Versatile Blogger Award
Favourite Novels This Month
Least Favourite Novels This Month
None! I gave them all 4/5 or 5/5, but Girl Detached was definitely the standout novel of the month (and even a standout novel of the whole year).
I’m still reading The Fireman by Joe Hill. It’s a biiiiig book and I did barely any reading last week whilst Mark was visiting. However, I’ve been speeding through it the last couple of days so expect a review by the end of the week, or at least early next week.
After that, I’m going to read Soundless followed by The Stars Never Rise. Hopefully I’ll enjoy them!
I have a couple more tags to get through but some others I’ll be putting on hold. Thanks so much to everyone who’s been tagging me but I’m a bit tagged out now! I’m gonna lay off them for a while and do some more discussion posts etc.
Also, this isn’t something to look out for in September, but just a reminder that my review of Goldenhand by Garth Nix will be going live in the first week of October, a week before its official release date. So keep your eyes peeled! I’ve written it so that people who are new to the series can still read the review without stumbling upon any major spoilers. So, if you’re thinking of getting into the Old Kingdom series, my review should hopefully convince you!
What have you got up to this August? Has it been a good month for reading? Let me know in the comments below!